From ancient times, AYURVEDA has been known to be the storehouse of a number of herbs which can help in increasing the memory capacity of a person. This method of medicinal treatment is highly effective and is recognized all over the world to be a truly powerful medium of treatment. It has various memory enhancing remedies which can go a long way to regain your lost memory functions.
According to Ayurvedic literature, the human body is made up of three energies called as Tridoshas. These tridoshas are called as Vata, Pitta and Kapha. In order that the body maintains its balancein harmony with nature, three doshas play a very vital part.
To improve your memory Ayurveda has prescribed some special herbs, the daily usage of which can improve your memory cells and enhance your memory storing capacity. All these herbs are safe from any side-effects and as such can be used by virtually any person. These herbs are the perfect memory enhancers for you.
• Brahmi – This is the most common herb used as a tonic for memory enhancement. It improves the brain power and helps to make your memory sharp and clear. Brahmi contains chemicals which help in the protein synthesis of the brain which in turn clears the mental capacity of a person. It is also used to enhance the mental powers. This herb also acts as an anti depressant and anti-anxiety agent and as such Brahmi Oil is used as a head massage for relaxing the mind.
• Ginkgo Biloba – This is another important herb prescribed in Ayurveda as a memory enhancer. Ginkgo Biloba helps in improving the blood circulation in the central nervous system resulting in the proper functioning of the brain. This herb is also used in the treatment of Amnesia and Alzheimer’s disease. Ginkgo repairs the damaged brain cells and helps in the overall development and functioning of the brain. A must-have medicine for memory.
• Ashwagandha – Aswagandha acts as a stress buster as well as revitalizer for the brain and as such helps in keep the brain active and calm. It is mainly used in soothing the brain and keeping it cool for better performance. It also increases the memory power and enhances the brain and its nerves.
• Gotu Kola – The main function of this herb Gotu Kola is to improve the blood circulation in the body as well as the brain. It energies the person as well as protects the brain cells. Its most important function is to enhance the brain power and enhance its capacity. It
- 5 Yoga Asanas For That Glowing Face
- Home Remedies For Dark Circles
- How To Clean Your Bbq Stand
- Romantic Gateway Las Vegas
- Benefits Of Omega-3 And Clary Sage Oil
• Muleti – The perfect herb to rejuvenate the brain. It is mainly used as a stress relieving medicinal herb due to its calming effect. This helps in the overall brain development keeping it calm and cool. It also improves the blood circulation in the nervous system. Muleti is an important ingredient in any brain enhancing tonics given to students and children for memory improvement.
• Vacha – Also known as Sweet flag, Vacha is another memory enhancer which is used to improve brain functioning. The roots of vacha herb contain some essential oils and terpenoids which help in giving that sedative action that strengthen the nervous system. It gives instant results in terms of improving the memory as is prescribed for persons suffering from amnesia and other memory disorders.
• Malkangani – This herb, also known as the intellect tree, is used in Ayurveda as a sedative and antidepressant for mental treatment. It has been used as a brain tonic since ancient times and is mainly used for persons suffering from memory loss. Malkangani has neuroprotective actions in it to improve memory loss.
• Shankhpushpi – This is the most common and most used Ayurvedic Herb. Shankhpushpi is said to make the memory sharp and is a natural memory enhancer. It has been used from ancient times in India as a memory tonic as well as a medicinal herb to relieve mental stress as well as controlling blood pressure. People use this herb in India for children during their exams.
• Medhya Dravya – This herb, or Licorice plant (Glycerrhiza glabra) is a new addition to Ayurvedic medicine for memory enhancement. It is said to have a number of benefits along with memory sharpness such as prevention of cough and cold, improving eye sights and cure against gastric ulcers. It is said to be the best herb which can improve your memory considerably.
• Giloy – Giloy is another herb which can improve the dying brain cells and rejuvenate the nervous system. It is also used as a memory enhancing herb in Ayurveda. It is said to repair the damaged cells of the brain.
These 10 Ayurvedic Herbs for Memory can surely help in improving your memory as well as enhance the brain functioning.